Berry Juice Recipes For Weight Loss
Blueberries are often described as “nature’s candy” due to their sweet taste and stunning appearance. They contain many health benefits, including preventing certain types of cancer, cardiovascular disease, bacterial infections, diabetes, obesity, aging, and Alzheimer’s disease. Women and children have historically used blueberries to treat urinary tract infections. In this blog, we will share the Best 05 berry juice recipes for weight loss.
History of Blueberry:
Blueberries are berries native to North America and can be seen at lower elevations in the Appalachian Mountains. They are members of the rose family, along with raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Their bright blue color comes from anthocyanins, a group of natural pigments that give the fruit its color.
Blueberry bushes have white flowers that produce both male and female flowers. Male flowers contain pollen that fertilizes the female flowers, which then develop into berries containing seeds. The first cultivated blueberries were grown in cultivation experiments in 1826. Today they are grown commercially year-round in many areas throughout the United States.
Benefits of Blueberry:
Dietary fiber, manganese, folate, copper, vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamin, and pantothenic acid are all found in blueberries. Other benefits include anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant activity; lowers cholesterol levels; boosts immunity; helps maintain heart health; aids digestion, and lowers blood pressure.
A study published in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry in 2009 showed that blueberries had significantly higher concentrations of polyphenols and flavonoids than any other tested food in the study (including apples, cranberries, pomegranates, green tea, and cacao). Polyphenol compounds are powerful antioxidants and act as free radical scavengers. Flavonoid compounds are also potent antioxidants that protect against disease. These results show the great potential of blueberries in fighting chronic diseases like cancer.
1. Antioxidants & Cardioprotective Properties:
Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants and contain high amounts of vitamin C, anthocyanins, and phenolic compounds. Antioxidants help to prevent diseases like cancer and heart disease. Blueberries have been shown to aid cholesterol levels, reduce blood pressure, control diabetes, fight free radicals, lower inflammation, and prevent memory loss.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Potential:
The anti-inflammatory properties of blueberries make them beneficial throughout the entire body. They help treat arthritis, asthma, Alzheimer’s Disease, ulcers, gout, chronic fatigue, autoimmune disorders, and other inflammatory conditions.
3. Bone Building & Cholesterol Control:
Blueberries are known to improve bone density and effectively reduce your bad cholesterol (LDL). According to a study published in Nutrition Journal, those who ate a daily portion of blueberries had lower LDL levels. In addition, they experienced a boost in HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
4. For Obesity Control:
Blueberries are considered as superfoods that can help in reducing weight. These berries are high in antioxidants and fiber, which aid in weight loss. Blueberries improve insulin sensitivity and blood glucose levels. They have anti-inflammatory qualities, which help to reduce cholesterol levels. Blueberries also boost the immune system and fight viruses and bacteria.
5. For Skin:
Blueberries are full of vitamins A & C, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that keep skin looking healthy and youthful. Here are some blueberry benefits for your skin:
- Keeps Acne at Bay: If acne is a problem, try adding blueberries to your diet. These delicious little fruits help prevent acne-causing bacteria from forming on your face. They can also help blemishes heal faster due to their strong vitamin C content.
- Fights Signs of Aging: Not only do these berries contain powerful anti-aging properties, but eating them has been shown to stimulate collagen production. Collagen is kept skin smooth, tight, and plump. So eat lots of organic blueberries to improve the appearance of your skin and get a younger look without even trying.
- Treats Cellulite: This fruit contains lignans, an antioxidant that fights against fat storage in the body. This means that adding more blueberries to your daily diet could help prevent cellulite before it occurs! And since blueberries are also high in fiber, they work well to clean out your digestive tract and keep things moving along nicely.
- Makes You Smarter: Eating blueberries may increase cognitive performance. According to recent studies, people who regularly consume foods rich in anthocyanins, such as blueberries, may experience better memory recall than those who don’t.
Nutrition Facts of Blueberry:
Nutrition Facts: Per 100 grams (about 2 ½ cups) of fresh blueberries:
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 11 g
- Vitamin C: 19 mg
- Calcium: 23 mg
- Iron: 0 g
Blueberry Juice Recipes for Weight Loss:
Here are Best 05 berry juice recipes for weight loss.
1. Blueberry Apple juice:
This drink helps in enhancing your appetite, thus helping you lose weight. This fruit juice has a high content of antioxidants that help fight free radicals from your body. Free radicals are harmful chemicals that can cause damage to our cells; they can lead to serious diseases like heart disease, strokes, cancers, and diabetes.
How to make blueberry apple juice? Wash 2 cups of fresh blueberries under running water. Remove any debris and place them into a blender. Add one apple, peeled, cut into small pieces, and blend until smooth. Strain out the pulp by pressing the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer. Serve chilled, preferably with ice cubes.
2. Blueberry Pineapple Juice Recipe:
Pineapple is rich in bromelain, which helps break down protein and can benefit those with arthritis, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, gout, inflammation, gastrointestinal disorders, Alzheimer’s, migraines, and osteoporosis. Bromelain contains compounds like polyphenols, which offer antioxidant properties and anti-inflammatory benefits. But it’s not just the fruit juice that has these health benefits. The leaves and stem of the pine tree
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 cups of water
- Place frozen blueberries into a blender; add pineapple juice.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Chill the mixture overnight in a glass container.
- Drink It.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
3. Blueberry Lemonade:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 cups of water
- sugar (optional)
Directions: In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, add the blueberries and simmer until they start to break down about 5 minutes. Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Serve after Cooling with Ice Cubes and enjoy!
4. Blueberry Watermelon Smoothie:
This recipe combines both fruit juices into this smoothie. You get double sweetness from the sweet taste of watermelon and the tartness of the berries.
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 small watermelon (sliced)
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Small handful of spinach
Directions: Put all ingredients to a processor or blender. Whirl till smooth. Drink as soon as possible. Enjoy!
5. Blueberry Raspberry Protein Shake:
A protein shake recipe that includes blueberries gives you high amounts of vitamin C along with antioxidants. Besides being delicious, they can also help you lose weight due to their ability to cleanse toxins from your liver.
- 200 gm blueberries (washed)
- 100 gm raspberries
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 16 oz. water
Method: Place all ingredients to a processor or blender. Whirl till smooth.. Pour into a glass and drink up.
Blueberries are high in antioxidants, which aid in the immune system’s fight against the disease. They also contain fiber that helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. You can lose weight naturally by drinking at least two cups per day!